Saturday, September 21, 2013

Top 10 LIES About Homeschoolers

 Ok so, I am posting this early cause I went to a Lockout at my church. It's where you stay up all night and go different places, and do things like: watch a movie, go to the YMCA, Amusement Park, and Bowling.  So I am going to be DEAD TO THE WORLD  today. 
  
      Back to subject.  
                  Ok these are the top ten lies about homeschoolers. 
I was homeschooled and I LOVED ever minute of it. I felt that there are ALOT of lies about homeschoolers, and most of them are pretty silly. These are graded from least asked[ and least silly] to most asked [and most silly]. PS this is from my experience and my thoughts.

10: Homeschoolers are protected. 
Hey whats wrong with being protected? From the right things like: Bullies, Drugs, and Alcohol. I wouldn't want my kids doing stuff like that. Would you?

9: Homeschoolers don't know what's cool.
Ok I know all about Lady Gaga, Toby Mac, and the latest fashions.  Where they came up with this one I don't know. And I know for shore that all homeschoolers know about that stuff too.

8: Homeschoolers only watch ,and read, historical documentaries. 
Really? Ummmmm no. I have friends that were homeschooled and they read stuff like: The Hunger Games, murder mysteries, and books like Nancy Drew. I if I were to mention half the things they would watch it would surprise you. And for the record I LOVED murder mysteries and still do.

7: Homeschoolers all live on farms.
Ok I would have loved to have lived on a farm[ I love animals]
,but I didn't, I lived in the city,then moved to the suburbs just outside of the main center of the city. While some kids do live on farms, what is the problem with that? 

6: Homeschoolers are shy.
Seriously? I was one of the most fun, outgoing, talkative, and social people. While some kids are shy, some public school kids are shy too.

5: Homeschoolers have never been anywhere.
I went to many places as a kid. The beach, amusement parks, and even went out of state a lot. I know homschoolers who have been across the country. 

4: Homeschoolers only wear jean jumpers.
Who came up with this one? Ok I think the last time I wore that I was like 4. Haven't worn anything like that since then. And I know for shore that my homeschooled BFF wouldn't be caught dead in one of those.

3: All homeschoolers are really smart.
Ok I was a smart kid, did good in math and science. But, I was a HORRIBLE  Speller and still am. I could not spell at all, and the same thing went for a friend that was homeschooled. Not every kid is going to be a brilliant kid, they may do great in one subject ,but not in another. While some kids are really smart, most I know are just normal with everyone else. 

2: Homeschoolers have no friends and are not social.
Wow, that is really....Wow. How this one came around I don't know. Did I not just talk about this?[ #6] Ok I had so many friends that could not count them if I wanted to. I was very social. My BFF that was homeschooled was friends with every kid in the neighborhood and I now I look back and I seriously think that she would become someone great in the world or a mafia leader. She would go door to door with a pack of kids, and sell paintings or ask for money for her church group. Boy, could she rally those kids.


1: Homeschoolers do school on their beds, in their Pj's, and get done with school in about 2, 2 1/2 hours. While drinking coffee,and listening to music. 
Now this is not a lie, it's the truth. This describes an average school day at my house. And man is it AWSOME!!! Loved every minute of it. I especially liked the coffee part of the day[so good]. And I believe everyone would agree with me on that.


And that is my version of Top 10 Lies About Homeschoolers.
And now, to bed, goodnight. Zzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment